Sep 11, 2009

Fruit-flavoured tea ice cream


I spend a good deal of time steeping leaves, herbs, zests or spices in milk to bring out the good flavours to make aromatic ice cream.

And after a dozen or so attempts to fuse a good old Ceylon tea flavour with something else, I decided to take the easiest way out: Buy strawberry-flavoured Ceylon tea off the shelf and make it into an ice cream.

In terms of taste, the strawberry scent feels a tad artificial. But it is fine by me as long as the Ceylon tea taste is strong enough.

I mean, people who have tried natural strawberries to make ice cream would know that strawberries do not emit such a strong and sweet aroma.

Some people would swear off any sort of fruit-tea concoction, but I think it is worth a shot.

Milk tea variety of ice cream can be found at quite a lot of establishments, so it might be refreshing to do a slight variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment